Friday, 4 July 2014

Cameo 16 - Doreen's 90th

Hi peeps.  Hope you are all well.  I seem to have my day planned today food shopping and ironing!!!  Not the best way to spend your day especially as it is meant to be very hot here today.  My card today is just because I want to and I had in mind to make a card for a lady in my apartment block's 90th Birthday.  I hope I am not tempting fate as it isn't until September.  The last one I made two months in advance and the person died and hadn't been ill at all, in fact they were fitter than me even though they were 20 years older.  I will not harp any more on that subject!!!!!

My 8 x 8 Card


Standing


Laying Down

Products Used

Digi Image:- Cameo 16  FITZTOWN
Promarkers:- Skin:- Ivory - Vanilla - Blush - Oatmeal
                     Hair:- Sandstone - Caramel - Burnt Sienna
                     Coat:- Warm Grey1 - Warm Grey2
                     Hat:- Cerise - Pink Carnation
                      Eyelids, Lipstick and Earrings - Pink Carnation
Card Stock - 8 x 8 Cream Pearl Card Blank - Anna Marie Designs
                   Cerise Pink Card - Lime Tree Crafts
                   Pale Pink double sided Pearl  from my stash
Dp:- Your Life Beautiful item# US1699D - Webster Pages
Dies:- Timeless Rectangle - S5-158 - Spellbinders
          Pierced Rectangle Stax - Die-namics - MFT
          Leaves~1 - Little Claire Designs
Rose Lace / Wooden Tag / Brad / 90 Sticker / Ribbon and Flowers are all from my stash
Since taking the photo I have now stippled around the image with Antique Linen and have also done the same on the insert because I thought it looked wrong being so white.



Thank you for looking.

11 Challenges Entered
http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-57-hip-hip-hooray-birthday.html It is for a 90th Birthday, didn't want to put a sentiment on with Happy Birthday as I thought it would spoil the card.  I didn't want to hide what it says on the paper "Time Flies"
http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/july-2014-challenge-lets-go-digital.html
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-july.html
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-42-winners-40.html-Anything Goes
http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-272-anything-goes-option-of.html
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/new-release-weekly-challenge-my.html - Flowers - Pretty Diecuts- Pins - Lace
http://fitztownchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/ch-42-AG.html
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-226-anything-goes.html
http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-36-anything-goes-in.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-64.html - Anything Goes
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-165-photo-inspiration.html

CAME IN TOP 3 FOR FITZTOWN CHALLENGE AND ALSO A GUEST DESIGNER SLOT.
Hugs

                             XXXXXX


   

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cathy, lovely image and details.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful papers and a gorgeous card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say I am not ninety yet......
    Your card is gorgeous Cathy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Cathy. Lovely image and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the age is put on a tag, so in worst case you could change it...
    It's a beautiful card, very feminine and I do like how you arranged those flowers. I don't use them much as they tend to fall off for me, but lately I've tried a combo of stitching and glossy accent. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Cathy. I love the image, beautiful papers and pretty detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is so strange at times. Its a lovely card Cathy. Fabulous image.
    Liane
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this gorgeous creation, colours are just beautiful...xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image! *smile* Fantastic project! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi cathy, your card is beautiful, I love the colour combo! hope you got the shopping and ironing done, its been very hot here today so ive saved the ironing for this evening :(
    thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this week.

    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Cathy that is one gorgeous image the design is fantastic I think the lady will love this very much.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wowzer!! this is SO beautiful Cathy… what a fab image and I love, love the paper and pretty embellies… everything has come together beautifully on this card… your lady will love this!! :-))
    Hope you have a lovely weekend sweetie!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathy this is so chic and depicting a lovely era gone by. I am sure Doreen will treasure this.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cathy this is so chic and depicting a lovely era gone by. I am sure Doreen will treasure this.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly hope your card gets to the intended person without and problems! LOL! What a terrible experience. Your card is lovely and I like the image! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love this crad. all the elements go together so well and it's perfect for a ninety year old woman. Thanks so much for joining us at Fitztown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great creation!!! Thanks for joining in at I love Promarkers this week, Good luck! Lou DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant card! Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card love the image & vintage look. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and lovely image! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous card you made! I like all little details :-))
    Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful creation and just perfect for our challenge this month...beautiful colours too...good luck in the draw and hope to see you next challenge.xx aNNie
    {Bearly Mine DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Cathy!Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine Designs
    hugs
    laney DT

    ReplyDelete