Monday, 4 August 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you had a lovely weekend.  
I am here today with something a little different.  The very sweet Kate  from http://downrightcrafty.blogspot.co.uk/  asked me to join in with the Creative Bloggers Hop. 

Its a continuous Hop every Monday with a host of different inspirational bloggers taking part each week .  Thank you Kate  for asking me, it is an honour to be here!

I have known Kate for awhile,  I have been following her awesome blog and have been awe of her fantastic creations.

 So onto the questions.

1. What am I working on?
I am at the moment trying to work in advance for my DT work, I think I am well known on my DT's for working ages in advance.  It is always my worry that I will take ill and let some one down.  I have Rheumatoid which sometimes flares and I can't do much at all. I also like to make my Christmas cards all through the year, I send far too many.  Well that's what my hubby tells me.

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I do tend to stick mostly to colouring with either my Promarkers or Graph'It markers.  I do need lessons from KATE though as she is fantastic.  I adore using dies and punches to bring my creations alive.  I also love gorgeous backing papers.  I think I am the same as others buy two, one to use and one to stroke.  Lol!!!

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I started crafting in 2008, wow that seems such a long time ago.  I think I started for something to keep both my mind and hands busy.  I need to stop my hands ceasing up.  I started by  using computer images really and adding bought embellishments to enhance the card.

4. How does your writing/creative process work?
Help these questions are getting very high brow.  Lol!!!  I usually try and find some papers from my collection that I think will look nice and enhance the image or if I am going down the embossed background route I look for the Embossing Folder.  I then make sure I have the colour Card Stock to go with the papers.  Then I move on to the embellishments to go with it, whether it be bought embellishments/ dies or punches .  I then layout the papers etc and keep moving them around until I think I have in mind what I am trying to achieve.  If it is a digi image I bring it up on screen to see which shape I think is best if I am going to make it a shaped image and matting layer and also what shape card will fit nicely.

I now need to nominate fellow crafters to carry on the Hop.  There should be 3 chosen but it seems everybody is busy in the sun.  Lol!!!

ANNE

I think I first came across this lovely lady on the Do-Crafts Forum a long time ago.  We lost contact and then both popped up on Joanna Sheen's Forum.  Then way and behold I then found her blog in blogland.  
We have been on at least one DT together, that was Karen's Doodles but sadly that closed.  I think we pasted 
like ships in the night on the Totally Papercrafts DT.  
Anne is a very talented lady and has been on lots of 
DT's and they have all been very lucky to have her.  
She has just been published in issue 51 of Complete Cardmaking.


Well, that’s it from me, I have you have enjoyed my Creative Blog Hop and that you have enjoyed finding out a bit more about me! 

Have a wonderful day

 Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Cathy it was wonderful to getting to know you a bit better. I am so sorry that you have Rheumatoid, my late mom had it for nearly thirty years and I know how painful it is. Lol love the buy two, use one and stroke the other xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

aussie aNNie said...

Nice to know more about you Cathy....take care and be pain free.xxxx.♥aNNie The Journey is the Start